Title: Applications EngineerLOCATION: On-site in our Wausau, WI office
The Applications Engineer supports Engineering, Sales and Manufacturing teams by providing technical competency in design and engineering in the following areas:
- Electrical and Electronic designs and testing.
- PCB Layout.
- Mechanical design and documentation including 2D and 3D CAD drawings.
- Graphic artwork and film separations for screen printing applications.
- Documentation including drawings, reports, procedures, etc.
- Electrical and Mechanical Testing.
In this role, you will use 3D SolidWorks software & 2D AutoCAD, and develop designs for customers and suppliers that support our diverse product offering in molded plastics, rubber, lighting, membrane switches, metal fabrication, machined parts and complete electromechanical assemblies. You will also be responsible for various aspects of each project such as transitioning designs into manufacturing, testing, verification testing, and maintaining accurate documentation records.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design from concept; elastomeric, plastic, metal fabricated or machine parts, switch assemblies and complete assemblies.
- Design fabricated components, fixturing, dies, housings, bezels and mechanical hardware.
- Select and/or specify materials and components necessary to build product.
- Develop assembly prints, documentation packages and maintain accurate records.
- Work with customers and other resources to develop products and meet deadlines.
- Assemble, analyze, qualify and test product to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Successfully manage launch of critical new programs.
- Drive improvement through project work as assigned by plant management.
- Structure & track plant & functional area performance measures.
- Solve problems creatively and analytically.
- Research and evaluate materials
- Develop processes, systems & technologies.
- Develop structured Documentation
- Maintain / improve ISO 9000 Quality System through efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum BSME, BSEE or equivalent experience.
- Proficient knowledge of 3D SolidWorks & 2D Auto Cad.
- Minimum of 2 years product design experience.
- Minimum of two years of AutoCAD experience.
- Knowledge & experience in:
- Plastics, metal materials & finishes.
- Assembly & manufacturing processes.
- Fabrications, machining, molding and graphics.
- Mechanical, Molded and Machined components design experience.
- Electrical and PCB Design experience a plus.Experience in quoting and gathering cost estimates.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills; written & verbal.
- Numerical accuracy.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to work with others and have good problem-solving skills.
- Needs to be a self-starter with the ability to achieve positive results through people.
- Professional ethics, tact and courtesy in dealing with plant personnel.
- Hands on, team player, willing to work independently on multiple tasks.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa.
HOURS: Monday through Friday
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid Holidays, vacation and personal time
- 401K with a 3% safe harbor
- Short term disability
- Life Insurance
- Continuing education
- Long term, critical illness and accident insurance available for purchase
Nelson Miller Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.